Thursday, December 6, 2007

Spam and phish

It sounds awful, but spam and phish must be a tasty meal. I conclude this on the basis of some spam I received on Monday which clearly comes with some phish mixed in. Here is my favourite sentence in the whole email: "Fortunately for myself, my only sister and mother, our relatives are not aware of the money in Europe which is the reason why my mother wants you to partner with us so we can introduce you as our Next of Kin and beneficiary to the amount."

In point of fact, this is not just any old spam and phish dinner, this is a feast fit for a king. Not only am I treated to this delicious email, but I receive $16 million (US) for doing so. Of course, the feast is not without its price. I do have to hold on to the money for them whilst they escape Iraq, and I do have to be trusted not to simply steal the money. All in all though, it sounds like I cannot lose!

Nevertheless, I must decline. The offer is tempting (with the low expectations and the high payoff), but alas, I am independently wealthy. As it so happens, I have a bank account in Switzerland that I have just inherited from a long lost relative. Now if only there were someone I could send some money to that would help me cash it out!

No comments: